hey all. long time no post. sorry for that. been quite busy with my exams. had another one today. just one more to go!!
finally, its TUTORIAL TIME!!!!!! now that i have some time on my hands.. my next exam is after 2 weeks… here’s an easy one that looks good.
How to make these:
1. Use the Rectangular Marquee Tool to select a long rectangle then fill with white.
2.Rotate the canvas 90 degrees Apply Filter > Distort > Shear. play around with the settings. Rotate the canvas back 90 degrees.
3. Using an eraser with size=300px, hardness=0%, rub out the edges to make them smooth.
4. Duplicate the layer and position as required then select all layers but background, press Ctrl+E to merge layers.
5. Select layer > Layer style > Outer Glow and use settings
6. Finally select Filter > Blur > Blur more. The results should look something like above.
7. I used a square wave distort in the second image.